6/7/11

Thoughts, News Outlook for the future ( Damn Cuboid )

I went to see the Podiatrist for my follow up today.  After 5 doctors he appeared to be close to a diagnosis.  Last time he felt that I had Fibromatosis hard knots of scar tissue in the Plantar Fascia.  A situation that has no cure, only trying to treat the symptoms.  Although I was discourage that I had a life long issue I was ready to get back to training, it just would mean living with pain.

Today He did an Ultrasound on my foot and found that the Cuboid Bone is pressing down into the plantar fascia from the top, causing irritation and pain.  A condition that is worse by prolonged standing on hard surface, such as my workweek.

The good news, is after a custom orthotic designed to alleviate pressure in this area, the problem "should" clear up.  I can wear this devise to run or stand on my feet at work.  The hope is that over some time the pain will subside.  It will take four week to make them, so my hope is to be back pain free by summers end if not sooner.


So I will continue to train at a moderate base, keeping on the sharp edge of ramping up my miles for something this fall or winter.   I know where my training needs to be before I toe the next stating line and I will not stand there without the proper build up.

So great news for me, will be writing more of my training template soon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment