7/27/11

July 27th Run

Endurance Run

10 miles hilly urban run in 2:00:50                                                 12:04/mile Average


Started running this morning on a empty stomach, simulating a depleted system.  Started to eat within the first mile and felt the energy jolt, every 2-3 miles I ate and was energized.  Good lesson in long distance nutrition.  I think I will do this more often on longer runs.  Drank 50-60 oz of water and still lost several pounds.  Overall great run, felt strong lots of hills just need run a stronger pace and increase the miles.  On track............

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Way to get after that nutrition! What are you eating out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. playing around with almond butter and applesauce. What are you snacking on these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm...almond butter... I love almond butter!

    Right now mostly trail mix and water. I start the 20's tomorrow so we'll see what else I add in. Almond butter could be a good add in.

    I do fruit as much as I can as well. Walmart carries some fruit chews that are pretty cheap. Going to look into those a bit.
    This heat is going to make us stronger...I should be Hercules by October.

    ReplyDelete