11/10/11

November 6 50K Run

Ran Turkey and Taturs 50 K trail race this weekend.  I have been experiencing trouble with this distance and was able to beat my demons on this race.  The trail is very technical, with lots of rocks and short bursts of steep trail.  A favorite place for mountain bikes it offers lots of challenge.

I went out much slower than previous attempts and after finishing realized that I was attempting to run at a little faster rate than I should have on previous races.  I drank 5-6 liters of water and still lost 6 pounds, ate every hour then ended up eating every 30 minuets in the last few hours.  Used Honey Stinger Waffles and Justin's Maple Almond Butter as my race food.  Worked perfect, no nausea only some pre-nausea which was calmed by just eating.  This really picked up in the later stages of the race, hence the eating every 30 minuets.  I also took 2 S-Caps per hour.  The temps were in the upper 60's windy and humidity at 78%

Overall very successful race for me.  I learned so much about ultra nutrition and my body on that race than any other race.  Time 7:22:29                 14:15/mile pace  and finished 22/30.


Now that is complete, time to rest and heal.  New programing and new goals for the year.  Having to modify some plans........................

No comments:

Post a Comment