12/13/11

New Programing New Direction

It seems I just do not have time to update my Blog daily.  Since I train at least 4-5 days a week, I barely have time to do that.  I will be tracking my training in notebooks like before and trying to update my blog weekly.

I am cutting the miles way back until September 2012 and focus on shorter faster running in addition to more strength training.  Other priorities have to take the place of long runs until next fall.  Hope to be in a place to start a train up for a major race in 2013.

I am not sure if anyone reads this blog or gets any motivation from it as I get from others I read but at least it motivates me.

Looking forward to a strong/fast 2012. More to follow.......................

3 comments:

  1. You know I do! Excited for the good things happening for you and glad you are able to set some new goals that will fit life! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always motivatin to hear how others are training, especially for those of us who live in places where ultra atheletes are sparse. I felt validated reading your plan to focus on shorter miles and all. I've decided to do the same over the winter season so I have some leaner speed for spring and summer, but I have many moments where I feel like I'm missing all the long miles I'm used to logging. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, It is always tough to give up the miles but in the long run being leaner and stronger will only make for better long running in the future. Good luck on you training over the winter!

    ReplyDelete